Albizia bark (Hehuanpi)
Pharmaceutical Name: Cortax Albiziae
Botanical Name: Albizia julibrissin Durazz.
Common Name: Albizia bark, Mimosa tree bark
Source of Earliest Record: Shennong Bencao
Part Used: The bark is collected in summer
or autumn, and then cut into pieces.
Natural Properties & Taste: Sweet and neutral
Meridians: Heart and liver
• Tranquilizes the mind.
• Relieves depression
• Relieves mental distress, irritability, frightening, severe palpitation, insomnia, dreaminess and amnesia.
• Cheers up the spirits.
• Promotes the circulation of the blood.
• Dissipates the carbuncles to stop the pain.
• Invigorates the blood and reduce swelling
1. Insomnia, forgetfulness and irritability
due to depression or anger. Albizia bark (Hehuanpi)
is used with Arborvitae seed (Baiziren) and
Multiflower knotweed (Yejiaoteng).
2. Swelling and pain due to external injury.
Albizia bark (Hehuanpi) is used with Chinese
angelica root (Danggui) and Chuanxiong rhizome
3. Carbuncles and furuncles. Albizia bark
(Hehuanpi) is used with Wild chrysanthemum
flower (Yejuhua), Dandelion herb (Pugongying)
and Forsythia fruit (Lianqiao).
Dosage: 10-15 g