Euryale seed (Qianshi)
Pharmaceutical Name: Semen Euryales
Botanical Name: Euryale ferox Salisb.
Common Name: Euryale seed
Source of Earliest Record: Shennong Bencao Jing
Part Used: The ripe seeds are collected from August to September. The seeds are shelled, dried in the sun and pounded into pieces.
Natural Properties & Taste: Sweet, astringent and neutral
Meridians: Spleen and kidney
1. To tonify the spleen and stop diarrhea.
2. To strengthen the kidneys and control essence.
3. To dispel dampness and relieve leukorrhea.
1. Chronic diarrhea due to deficiency of the spleen. Euryale seed (Qianshi) is used with White atractylodes (Baizhu) and Dioscorea (Shanyao).
2. Seminal emissions or leukorrhea. Euryale seed (Qianshi) is used with Flattened milkvetch seed (Shayuanzi) and Cherokee rose hips (Jinyingzi).
Dosage: 10-15 g