Pharmaceutical Name: Herba Siegesbeckiae
Botanical Name: 1. Siegesbeckia pubescens Mak.. 2. Siegesbeckia orientalis L.. 3. Siegesbeckia glabrescens Mak.
Common Name: Siegesbeckia herb
Source of Earliest Record: Xinxiu Bencao
Part Used: The aerial parts of the herb can be gathered in summer or autumn. They are then cleaned, dried in the sun and cut into small pieces.
Natural Properties & Taste: Bitter and cold
Meridians: Liver and kidney
1. To dispel wind and dampness.
2. To clear the meridians.
3. To clear heat and release toxins.
1. Wind-damp obstruction syndrome manifested as rheumatic pain. Siegesbeckia (Xixiancao) can be used singly or with Glorybower leaf (Chouwutong) in the formula Xi Tong Wan.
2. Boils, carbuncles, furuncles, eczema and measles. The herb is used both internally and externally.
3. Hypertension. Siegesbeckia (Xixiancao) can be used singly or with Glorybower leaf (Chouwutong) and Uncaria stem (Gouteng).
Dosage: 10-15 g
Cautions & Contraindications: This herb is contraindicated in cases with deficient blood syndromes.