Pharmacutical Name : Pulvus Talci
Mineral Name : 1. Talcum. 2. Hydrous magnesium silicate
Common Name: Talc, Talcum
Source of Earliest Record: Shennong Bencao Jing
Part Used: The mineral is ground into powder for use.
Natural Properties & Taste: Sweet or no taste and cold
Meridians: Stomach and urinary bladder
1. To promote water metabolism and relieve abnormal urination.
2. To clear heat and release summer-heat
1. Damp-heat in the urinary bladder manifested as painful urination, urgency of micturition, frequent urination, lower abdominal distention and fever. Talc (Huashi) is used with Clematis stem (Mutong), Plantain seed (Cheqianzi), Common knotgrass (Bianxu) and Capejasmine (Zhizi) in the formula Bazheng San.
2. Summer-heat and dampness syndrome manifested as thirst, stifling sensation in the chest, vomiting and diarrhea. Talc (Huashi) is used with Licorice root (Gancao) in the formula Liu Yi San.
3. Boils, eczema, miliaria and skin diseases. Talc (Huashi) is used with Gypsum (Shigao) and Calamine Colamina (Luganshi) externally.
Dosage: 10-15 g